Hashtags#

My husband hashtags.

And he didn't openly tell me he hashtagged but  I discovered it with my own two eyes as I took a gander at his Instagram posting.

And I asked him "are you hastagging!?"  I was mortified on his behalf.

Because I think he knows how uncomfortable I am with hashtags.

And it isn't to say I am openly judging those of you who hash... or tag... or number sign... or whatever you call it in the underground social networking world.

#IaintHatinIjustbeSayin

It's just that I can't keep up with what's latest or new or trendy or popular and I am still waiting for the MySpace revival to commence so I can get back to choosing cute layouts. Wasn't it only yesterday the number sign became the "pound".  And now it's also a hashtag?  The person who designed the number sign is #turninginhisgrave

I do finally understand the purpose of hashtags.  Yes, indeed.  But I can't gather why I want to share a hashtag keyword with strangers of the world.  Why do I want my #cutestdaughterever's photo to populate in the online world of people far and wide who may, or may not, also have cute daughters? Is that declaration of cuteness not open to interpretation?  In that case, call me #giselebundchenstwin

I admit: I have a lot to learn.  Or, as my husband would hash: #lottolearn

I don't know why I have a hard time understanding things that are readily understandable to so many.  Maybe I too will one day be hip to the hashtagging.

#dontholdyourbreath

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

Thank You, My Friend

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story