I Will Cut You (In 16 Years)

I'm not sure I ever wanted to strike a toddler before.

But I wanted to.

And as my blood boiled I had to remember there was a lesson in here somewhere that I was supposed to be teaching my daughter, so against all my best instincts I steered clear of using the words "cut her".

I knew Sayler wasn't a huge fan of at least one of the girls in her daycare.  She doesn't like when one of the twin girls 'touch her packpack' (that's when one of those little brats tries to rifle through Sayler's backpack).

But Sayler loves Chica and Yaya and Sethy and Alan and both Rebeccas and doesn't even mind the brat's twin sister, Reyna, but that little Alicia is on my "you're a very bad girl" list and when she turns 18, hold me back and hold my hoop earrings because I will cut her.

Sayler loves her friends at daycare often talking about Chica and Sethy and recounting their playing and she will go into great detail about how Candelaria (Yaya) brushed her hair (well someone's gotta' do it). Candelaria is one of the gals that helps watch the small children at Sayler's in-home daycare and Chica is her daughter (I'm not even sure if that's her real name).

But in the 2 years since Sayler has been at daycare she has never ever ever mentioned "Aleechia" and now I know why.  It's because Aleechia is whatever the B word is for a toddler.  She's a boddler.  That's what she is.

As Sayler complained about her eye hurting the other day I asked what happened and she told me Aleechia hurt her eye.

And instinctively like a mother from Ontario I took out my hoop earrings and put my hair in a ponytail.  I took a huge breath because I knew there was something about conflict resolution from some baby blog I had read recently likely written by a mom from Checotah, OK. where they don't have baby cholas and I swear the first thing that I desperately wanted to advise my daughter to do was to "push her". But I took a deep breath and probed and my daughter couldn't find the words and details to describe the sequence of events that led up to her somehow having a hurt eye.

I was lost in translation.  And I was pissed.

I wanted to grab Aleechia and put her in a time out while rapidly shaking my finger no and say "You're a very bad girl with bad hair, Aleechia!" because there's not much more I can say or do right now other than probe and boil under the surface and advise my daughter not to play with Alicia.

And I'm certain that hanging out with Ariel yesterday and watching all of our favorite Anjelah Johnson videos didn't help because my Bon Qui Qui was in full force.

Whatever it was,  I can't get that little boddler out of my head and I can't stop trying to figure out what to tell my daughter to do.

For those of you who aren't familiar with Bon Qui Qui (which seriously saddens my heart and is making me reconsider our friendship), here you go:

Bon Qui Qui, King Burger

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story

Thank You, My Friend