R&B

It's got to be the mall's fault.

Ariel and I were reconnecting after several days apart so we decided the healthiest way to spend that time was by doing a significant amount of cardio via shopping (extensive lifting of new clothing items and trying new things on can wear a girl down).  

And everywhere I looked I was reminded that Valentine's Day is coming. And ever since then I can't get all the baby-making jams out of my head.  Little known facts: Historians actually attribute the first RnB songs to San Valentín, the patron saint of getting it on.   He and Keith Sweat wrote "Make it Last Forever" on a napkin while riding a train with Marvin Gaye. 
 
It's true.  Look it up.

And it started with a tame, romantic visit to this new XO song... which I love.

But things started to escalate with Janet Jackson's Anytime, Anyplace. and I have been teetering back and forth between old skool Jodeci and my singer crush, Usher.
 
And when I hear Usher, though I am not a lesbian, I think of Maria.  Because it was Maria who took me to see Usher in concert, and I never knew Mr. Raymond could make me swoon like a junior high kid.
 
 
 
So I know I change the songs on my blog list a lot so just roll with the RnB punches until after Valentine's Day.  And then... what's next?  St. Patty's?  So then I'll mix it up with some harmless U2, Snow Patrol or other Irish infused bands.
 
Patience.  I hear it's a virtue.

It's true.  Look it up.
 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

Thank You, My Friend

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story