This Project

This is the project I have been thinking about since you were born, Sayler.  So if you are old enough to read this blog and I have not yet completed said project please feel free to call me out on my lethargy, forgetfulness and overall inability to complete a project within 3 years (or more)...
 
I have scoured Craigslist for one of these (that I hope is still available when I call tomorrow...)
 
 
It's an old-school, tin-like mailbox we all had stateside as kids (until my dad built a replica of our 1202 house out of wood and replaced the tin mailbox with his custom version).
 
The project is to acquire one of these mailboxes and paint it in all the colors that remind me of you, Sayler, like lime green and lavender, to hang on a wall in your bedroom.
 
They are the colors that remind me of only you, because Lord knows I have never been a lime green kind of girl.  But shortly after you were born it was in lime green I saw just how striking you were, and every time you wore that otherwise obtuse color I could feel the vibrant energy and steadfast spirit you brought to everything around you.
 
Learning to Walk @ 5 1/2 Months
 
In lime green displaying sweetness and love for animals
 
 
This project is the place I can leave hand-written mementos and "I Love You" notes.  It is the space I might utilize to say "I am Sorry" on the days when I do not appreciate you enough. And though you may not yet be able to read the note cards, so delicately trimmed in color and kisses; or the haphazard, scribbled, barely-legible, yet equally profound letters of "thanks" to you, I want to put them in a place other than this blog, other than in my heart and in a small tin box laced in the colors that remind me of your energy, sweetness and beauty.
 
A place just for you.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

Thank You, My Friend

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story