Day's End

At day's end I am happy.

Most days, anyway!

And like all those happy ending days I am reflecting on the joy of the everydays.

Afternoons with my daughter.  When I crave "ice-cream" and she wants "gummy bears" I know the only place for us to compromise is with Nubi Fro-Yo:


Early evenings when we need to get some groceries, desperately, immediately and I oblige my daughter's wish to dress herself (shoes backwards+ pants backwards+ dirty shirt = happy toddler)


Evenings, alone, quietly digressing when I catch a glimpse from the corner of my eye of a bouquet of flowers and roses from Lloyd.  An anniversary assortment that fills this corner of the room with color and life.


Morning make-up class at "Ch'mactics" class with Sayler where, try as I may, I can't help but compare Sayler's athleticism to her peers and wonder how I can help her slay bear-walking across parallel bars (seriously: how can anyone do that?)


Weekend days bike riding at the park...


At day's end these are the images that I have in my head.  







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story

Thank You, My Friend