These Summer Days: The 2014 edition

"I am uncertain what sorcery that place bestowed upon me, but I can't think straight and my body is in pain..." -Me. Yesterday.

It's summer. Pardon my Gaelic, but I am so, so f'r'k'g happy.

Summer always brings out a much, much, much more fun and lighter side to me and I get to see people I care for more often.  I have some more time to try new things, find time to do the things it's been too long since I last done did, and I get to enjoy more precious time with my daughter who has really good taste in things to do, like painting,  and watching Monsters University.

Again and again.

It's time for baseball, swimming... Lots of swimming... Floating in an inner tube... Maybe falling asleep mid-floater...

And yesterday I decided every day until mid-August I will do something new Every. Single. Day.  

Maybe the new thing I'll do tomorrow is not lift a finger or clean one single thing in my house.

(Just kidding... Let's not get crazy...)

So this was a few firsts from the weekend:




And baking Lloyd a S'mores cake, with smothered marshmallow innerds. He said, and I quote "OhhhhhhhhhhhhhmaGod.... this is the best d'sut eva. Eva..." (British accent and all)


And yesterday I took my first reformer class.

(No.... This is not a religious indoctrinization course... It's pilates done on those elitist torture machines that, no surprise, were invented by a man...)

When I left my very bourgeois private session I quietly scoffed at the prices of the classes if I wanted to go again... I started weighing alternative, less Hollywood-esque new exercises to try for summer.

When I got home,  I felt nothing.  Unmoved. Unchanged.  Unbamboozled by the pulleys and contraptions from the pilates mechanisms.

Nada. 

A few hours later I desperately, unexplicably needed a nap...A long one... And during my nap I had so many crazy dreams. Co-workers visiting my mom's house and running barefoot into her backyard (which- I would never advise), washing massive pillows, something about steroids..... I'm talking some crazy, crazy shih tzu. 

When I woke up I couldn't move.

For the first time, ever, I became highly aware of at least 18 muscle groups I never knew existed prior.

Gotta be the witchcraft over at the Pilates studio.

That's it.

I'm signing up. 

Coz' ain't nobody love voodoo body magic like C-Note.

Let's see what tomorrow has brewing in the cauldron...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

Thank You, My Friend

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story