Butterscotch

There wasn't any negotiating involved.

My daughter and I sat on the kitchen floor with a bag of Dum Dums, her small hands clutching it tightly, possessively.  I asked her to choose one for me and as she carefully sifted through the bag of flavors, I anticipated her M.O.

"Do you want a brown one?" she quizzed..

To which I unenthusiastically huffed, "sure", while rolling my eyes.

Sayler likes to give me the flavors she does not like, and that is how I ended up with a boring butterscotch dum dum, and she ended up with an amazing cherry dum dum.

We enjoyed our suckers while this video uploaded to YouTube.  Lloyd and the infamous #icebucketchallenge

It was fun watching Lloyd pour a bucket of ice over himself for charity, and less fun watching his mood deteriorate when I told him we'd have to film it again because I hadn't managed to capture the video.

Obviously I did capture it and I wasn't trying to be a prankster...I just really thought I had missed pushing that all-too-important "record" button.

Once I noticed I had actually been successful, I had to call up the wet stairs and plead for forgiveness.

It wasn't our brightest moment under the sun, but I was forgiven. #happyfaceemoji

I wrapped up the night with a lovely, short run.  I only eeked out 3 miles, far less than I wanted, but I was racing against the clock and nefarious lurkers who might come a'creepin after dusk.

It was a good pace, though.  The run-from-a-killer kind.  The endorphins soared through my body, heart pulsating with every assertive tread I left on the earthen track.

Somewhere around 10 p.m. I went grocery shopping.


I love late-night grocery shopping.  It does wonders for my ego.

Despite my matted hair and still-sweaty running ensemble, I got checked out more than once (if you know what I mean).

I'm not sure if it's the way my aerodynamic, lycra-spandex blend running pants hug my somewhat impressive booty, but I got stares for days (or was I just so smelly and I misread the smoldering, come-hither gawk for the stink-bombed, 'girl, you stink...' glare?)

We may never know, for certain.

I will go on thinking this butterscotch booty is what caused all the (if-only imaginary) fracas in Fresh N' Easy late Last night.

#Dontstopbelievin'





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Militant Guest:

Like a snowball.... on the ocean