CJ

Corbin, I don't know what it is but I can't stop missing you.
 
And you won't know it because you don't read my blog (in fact, I don't think anyone in our family reads my blog, assuming they even know it exists...)
 
But Corbin I want you to know you've been a great older brother.
 
We don't have that much in common, actually, aside from the humor that causes us to be boisterous and loud and try to dominate conversations with others (especially one another).
 
We both always think we are right.
 
You are more apt to apologize than I am (but to be fair that's because you can be quite cutting at times, the way an older brother can be, where I would never dream of causing you hurt).
 
You are more of an introvert to my extroverted tendencies despite my unavoidable need to withdraw when I feel swallowed whole by the world around me.
 
 
You don't like when I withdraw, oftentimes trying to pull me from my shell. 
 
And sometimes,
 
When you pull,
 
I eventually peer out and find the words to articulate what's on my mind.   You think you're so clever when you are able to do that. 
 
I think it's quite intrusive.  In a good way, you know.

I exasperate you.  Perhaps frustrate you the way a little sister can.
 
We both love 80's dance songs and anything creepy, including scary horror movies made on a tight budget.
 
We both love stories and people who are good story tellers, except you tire of idle chatter where I could go on for miles listening to people speak in elaborate detail and color.
 
You like nice things and have good taste, and while I like what I like, I feel completely inept by most things refined (except refined sugar... you know...)
 
I even had a dream yesterday where you were the main character. I couldn't tell you or remember what the dream was about, but I could tell you that there was a sense of comfort from your presence.
 
Corbin, you can be so matter-of-fact.
 
You and I both think mom has the other pegged as her favorite... but everyone in the family knows you are a mama's boy, always pandering to mom's sensibilities.
 
#Annoying
 
 
 
Corbin, you have done well for yourself, but there's always a part of you that seeks more, and I admire that about you.   Where you want more, I sometimes find I want less, and it's a mismatch that keeps our mutual respect and adoration for each other a part of why I often feel better after a small window of time spent together.
 
Corbin, I remember you always gave me the sh!tty vehicles when we played Matchbox cars.  And you'd have the Porsches and Ferraris...
 
Rude.
 
I remember you'd pull me around in a plastic laundry basket and I remember your huge crush on Lynda Carter. 

Since S.W.AT. came on at the same time as Wonder Woman and Camille and Charmaine always voted on the men in uniform show, as a show of support for your deep affections I would vote for Wonder Woman, just so you could sometimes win which one was put on (Dad was so Democratic). But sometimes when you'd upset me I'd tip the scales and vote for S.W.A.T.... (turns out I could be cutting, too...)
 
 
I just wanted to let the world know that I love you and that I think you're a great brother.  I'm better writing it than I am telling you, so maybe someday I'll share this with you.
 
Snoops
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story

Thank You, My Friend