Knott's

Maria reprimanded me for lack of blogs... and it isn't because I don't have much to say...it is, perhaps, because I have too much to say.
 
Too many things in a year gone by too quickly... too slowly... too painfully in the growing department, too full in the raising of a daughter department.  Too many things I once wanted to share that I now hold too close.... privately, quietly, with great uncertainty.  But I had, for certain, one of the best days of the year last Friday. That... I want to share.
 
Each December my brother, Corbin, along with all local fire department and police personnel get gratis entry into our favorite amusement park.   It's a time to be kids, to visit the endless craft vendors in Ghost Town, toddle through Camp Snoopy and take a ride on Montezuma's Revenge- the roller coaster I first rode with Corbin nearly 30 years ago when we went with our parents for the Halloween 'Knott's Scary Farm' adventure.  
 
Knott's reminds me of crying.
 
My dad pushing me to go on Corkscrew with him- just as two- refusing to let me watch from the sidelines as I pleaded to not go.  And as soon as the ride ended, asking him, wide-smiled, if we could ride again.  As I write this I can't help but do a search on Corkscrew- which has taken me on a beautiful walk down memory lane. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corkscrew_(Silverwood)
 
It looks like that same coaster is now in Idaho... making me want to go to Idaho to go on it (again).  That's strange... isn't it?  Who wants to go to Idaho with me?
 
Corbin, my mom, Sayler and I had the best and fullest day at Knott's.  Despite all the love my friends have for all things Disney, there's no other amusement park that can bring me as much joy and smiles as Knott's.  Ghost Town is my favorite.  Corbin and I started the morning on Ghostrider and the 4 of us closed the day on the Timber Mountain Log Ride.  We spent time in Fiesta Village, where CJ, Say and I spun in sombreros, and on the Boardwalk for a ride the Pacific Scrambler where Sayler nuzzled her face into my chest with each rapid spin.  
 
In Camp Snoopy Sayler and I enjoyed swinging on Charlie Brown's Kite Flyer, though I quietly scolded the child riding solo in front of us for ending the ride early with her risky riding practice. No need to ruin it or everyone.
 
These are some snaps from our day:
 






My mom, who cannot manage to take a picture snapped Corbin and my feet which... looks a bit artsy, no? #unintentionalartistry
 
I hope you love Knott's as much as I do.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Militant Guest:

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story