So Much

"I'm going to call my brother...he'll know... " I huffed.   I had given my husband far too many clues and I knew he wasn't even close to knowing which 1980's flick I was struggling to name.
 
The phone rang twice before Corbin answered "go".
 
I smiled, knowing my brother was being humorous.  "2 Things: are you still taking Sayler and I to Knott's Berry Farm this weekend?"
 
"Yes."
 
"Great. Second thing... what's that one movie from the 80's where there's a computer game and,   like, a  guy in a trenchcoat and, like-"
 
"..War Games?"
 
"YES!  YES!  Thank you."
 
And there it was.  The reason Jesus made me a little sister to someone (else) who watched too many movies as a kid.
 
I couldn't get that 1983 flick off my mind.  Lloyd, Sayler and I were on the strangest and sweetest movies-down-memory-lane adventure over the weekend: a tribute du Robin Williams: Jumanji and Flubber with a sprinkle of Rick Moranis in Honey, I shrunk the kids.  (It was inevitable something with Matthew Broderick would cross my mind.)
 
Sayler was enjoying the films, and Lloyd and I were enjoying the relaxation of sitting in our untidy home that left me completely happy.  The messes that surrounded me didn't ruffle my feathers, for the first time in as many years .  The Christmas wrap lied out haphazardly on the dining table troubled me not, and the naked babydolls lying facedown amongst fallen blocks looked like a crime scene on my carpet but I failed to sigh or complain.
 
I was just too. damn. happy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

Like a snowball.... on the ocean

The Militant Guest: