Post

It's the run, I'm sure.

The 6 miles that felt like 12 that reminded me I am way out of shape where endurance is concerned.

As the thoughts of my lack of fitness and commitment to consistent, long runs washed over me, I shrugged.

"Oh well... No one's perfect..."

As I sat in child's pose shortly thereafter I felt the layer of all the devoured Christmas cookies fold up across my mid-section.

I was nonplussed by the holiday weight.

"It is what it is..."

I heard the neighborhood children running through my home and overheard them playing "kidnappers" as they spiritedly held my child for ransom.  I wondered if I needed to intervene but I found it akin to something twisted I would play as a child so I didn't overstep their creative liberties.

"So be it..."

My home was left sometime later in utter disarray. 

I shrugged.

I picked up a few toy soldiers that lay underfoot and pushed playthings to the side of the couch before settling into our home's cushions and continued to tear through a latest novel.

I did not sigh- not even once over my first-world problems.
 
"Can't win em' all..."

I stopped momentarily and wondered where my recent minimal-stress attitude had come from. Needless to say, I didn't worry long enough to wonder.

I just can't be bothered by that stream of consciousness... Too much energy.

Do I hope to return to a prior version of me? One that is always nagging about things needing to be done, fixed, straightened, polished, preened, attended...?

I really don't know.  It seems an awful lot to wonder.

I relax and let it go.

Images of the real good stuff worth throwing some energy into...
 
Sayler- thouroughly passed out from her playful afternoon. I like my cool kid. I really do.  
Teepee compliments of mommy and daddy for Christmas.


Sayler at gymnastics.  I am pretty obsessed with watching her.
 
 
Enjoying our Wednesday night tradition of watching trash T.V. while Lloyd plays soccer at The Arena.
 
("Peppa Pig" for her/ "The Killing" for me) and eating jelly bellys- carefully vetting and sampling each flavor and providing our unique opinions of each.  She can be quite articulate where confections are concerned.
_





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story

Thank You, My Friend