Theory

have a theory.

My theory is that Lloyd buys an abundance of bananas so that they will go brown before they can be eaten in their brilliant yellow form. 

And then. I have no choice but to bake bread.

And I choose to bake on a day when I am out of sorts, inexplicably melancholy, or otherwise lost in my own thoughts that I can't articulate. 

That day was today so I commandeered my co-chef


As Sayler stirred and mixed in the pinches and teaspoons and dashes I felt lighter.  I talked through the important details of our baking endeavor.  

I opened the mail where a delightful bridal shower invitation reminded me how full the half year ahead was going to be, and I felt lighter, still.

3 weddings, 3 showers, 3 bachelorettes (Lord, there had *better be 3 bachelorettes!) and holidays to spend with family and friends.

A summer to catch up with friends, to peruse neighborhoods and homes and prepare for a move... I think. 

I pulled myself from whatever had weighed heavy on my heart.

Sayler and I poured our batter and worries into well-oiled loaf pans, sampling the viscous mix with over-sized soup spoons. 


It is June.  

Everything is inexplicably beautiful, wonderful and with much to look forward to.

Including bachelorettes...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Militant Guest:

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story