2016

It's the start of a New Year, and it makes me so incredibly happy.

I don't put much credence into the start of a New Year.  It is no more or less special than the start of any new day that offers promise and hope, great weather and unexpected surprises.  Opportunities can come on any day, and it is perhaps just a coincidence that today, the first day of 2016, I feel especially excited by the great unknowns of this year.

It has started with breakfast in bed- a treat from my husband who has been on staycation with me.

It has been a morning of purging my phone of old messages and text streams because according to Jeanette they are why I can't download any more apps on my iPhone...

Instead of reading through them and reminiscing, in one fell swoop I delete them.  

There is no going back.

I hold onto a few voicemails from 2013-2015 that I can't yet get rid of... Maybe tomorrow...

I sit in my clean bedroom, alone, as I often do, and poring through a new book that Lloyd bought me for Christmas.  A title chosen by him as I struggle through my own set of professional discouragement to encourage me onward.

I sit in my bedroom and stare at my wall that needs to be re-painted- I text my husband a list of all the areas of our home that need re-painting before our baby arrives in spring.  I kept the list to 5 things even though I wanted to put 
10.

He promptly texted back from downstairs that I need to get out of our room immediately because it's where I always come up with plans that involve some level of work from him. 

So I sit and do 10 things at once in my mind, moving from writing to 
reading my book, to reading online articles like this:

And thinking about the last several holiday weeks that have been especially kind:


It's crazy to think "this year"! the family will welcome our 2nd daughter.  Thrilled at the prospect of another little girl in our home makes everything seem possible (of not a little more restless and messy.... Wink)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story

Thank You, My Friend