In the mornings

Most mornings you come down the stairs, and trailing behind you is your "soft blanket".

It is funny only because it is a queen size blanket- your favorite for the last year or so- and not a smaller, more managably-sized blanket.

Sometimes you struggle and grunt.

Sometimes you wrap up your babies in the blanket and take them down the stairs for the ride.

If it is a cold morning, you will opt to call for me, instead.   I'll try to negotiate and call you to come down because going up the stairs to retrieve you can be an *awful lot of work for this 7 month pregnant woman. 

But I always lose that battle.

Eventually you ensure I come up to find you still wrapped in your soft blanket, waiting for me to hold your hand as we make way down the stairs (since I can no longer carry your 35 pound frame on top of the 25 extra pounds I'm carrying in my mid-section...)

Usually you are naked or in another state of undress- sensible pajamas never being your thing.  From birth you would wail and wriggle until I undressed, unswaddled or uncovered you.

Though now, at least, you love the cover of your soft blanket. 

So that is a typical morning with you, dear Sayler.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Militant Guest:

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story