Five

I'm comfortably squished between two girls- my almost 5 week old sleeping deeply to my left, my almost 5 year old breathing heavily through her light sleep on my right.

This is a moment every mother dreams about, and wishes to relive again, so let me put this memory in the universe so my girls may one day read this and know how much I love being squished just like this.

Yesterday was my first Mothers Day as a mother of 2.

I do love Mothers Day. 

I enjoyed knowing that although I would spend much of the day nursing Alana I would also enjoy whatever meal I wanted, whatever nagging clean-up job around the house that needed attention would get taken care of, and any moment to savor my food and snacks throughout the day would be granted.  

My hands would be free of any attempts to shovel food into my mouth while simultaneously holding AJ, since Lloyd would take on the task of comforting and rocking our wee one when she wasn't herself indulging in a light snack.

He would change every questionable diaper.

He would oblige me every glass of water, every moment of indecision between Caeser dressing or bleu cheese dressing...

I started the day by receiving flowers chosen by Sayler.  A beautiful arrangement adorned in purple- a favorite color that always reminds me of Sayler because she looks so lovely in that hue. 

I opened my gift- a new satchel in blush I had been eyeing for too many months, one that I glowed over with its vegan design and insulated pockets for bottles and snacks (could I *be any more of a mommy?...)

The day was topped off with Sayler and I making Rice Krispy Treats and time at the park with baby sister and Lloyd.  

And in case you're wondering how many calories a walk to, around, from the park with stroller + playing tag (the red blob) with a very fast 5 year old:



And that was my first Mothers Day as a mother of 2. I need to also add in Alana's very special gift of 5 1/2 uninterrupted hours of sleep last night! 

Could my girls be any more kind!?




XOXO,

The Mommy 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story

Thank You, My Friend