White

I have the sound of the ocean waves crashing on a shoreline surrounding my room- the white noise device transcending me 50 miles west. 

I have the warmth of my daughter's face pressed against my ribcage- her shallow breath reminding me she will soon wake up to start our day.

I have the enthusiasm of welcoming the weekend ahead.  Because on the weekends there's another set of hands on deck and this mother bird gets more time to eat slowly, stalk news and social media sites online and take long, leisurely walks and painfully slow jogs. 

I have the rested contentment of a new mother whose baby just gave her 6 uninterrupted hours of sleep last night. 

SIX!

I have a phone reminding me my storage is full- because when Sayler says "Mommy, take a picture of us..." I always comply.



I am happy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story

Thank You, My Friend