Lady A: Part Une

Alana,

As the baby in my family I know being the younger can sometimes make you feel like you've somehow missed out.  It can make you feel like there's a little less fanfare over your milestones, your firsts and I admit it may be hard for me to someday differentiate between you and your sister's early days.

Who did what, when.

What makes each of you unique. 

Why do there seem to be less pictures of you than Sayler? (I'm going to start working on it, I promise!)

So let me tell you a story about how different you were from the start since I know I was remiss to not write about my pregnancy with you as I did with big sister.

Aside from vomiting when I brushed my teeth and feeling very, VERY sick 24/7 the first few months of pregnancy with you, once I kicked the first trimester's ass I had a wonderful pregnancy with you.

I felt incredibly happy for the last 6+ months carrying you.  Big sister was so excited and impatient to welcome you, too.  Daddy knew you were a girl before I knew.  Your grandparents, too. I didn't want to know... Just something about needing some time to imagine life with a baby boy or a baby girl.

But daddy flubbed and accidentally told me. I have to admit I was so relieved to finally know because I'd made such a big deal about *not knowing for so long and... Well... You know. 

I was certain you would come early because that's what second babies are supposed to do, right? 

But I was in no rush, except that I couldn't wait to hold you and see your face. I wondered if you'd have dimples.  I wonder if you'd be cute.

Check. Check. 


(The early days with Lady A... 2 weeks new)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story

Thank You, My Friend