Wild Things

Sometimes you hit a wall.

I hit the wall in Costco.

I had 2 kids- one baby in the cart, one hanging off the cart- frequently jumping on the cart... Then off.... Then back on... Then off again....

One baby whimpering... A signal that a meltdown was imminent.

One 5 year old pointing to all the things "we should get..."

"Wait mommy... Stop for a minute..." She'd implore.

But I couldn't stop.

Must move.

Must push.

Because when the cart stops, the crying starts.

Must keep moving.

Read the labels... Push the cart simultaneously ... Back and forth... "Mmmmhmmmm..." To my 5-year old as I pushed and evaluated the sugar content...

Back and forth. 

Don't stop moving. 

I knew I had hit the wall when I found myself on my third lap around the super-size warehouse- still unable to find what I was looking for.

Wait... What was I looking for? 

I forgot.

Then I remembered.

Then I forgot.

Lap again.

Oh... Right... The chips Lloyd likes.

And the apples he and Sayler like.

The Gala nor Granny Smiths for them.
Only the Honeycrisps.

Why didn't they have the Honeycrisps... Or the chips... 

"Stop mommy... Back up... I have to show you something..."

(Pacifier falls out... Crying...)

Carts everywhere.

Huge...

Massive...

Carts...

Everywhere...

Keep it moving, people... KEEP IT MOVING!!!!!

I sensed my agitas.

I sense using Latin makes me feel less guilty for being so unhinged at Costco.

But I had hit a wall.

Sleep tomorrow.

Maybe.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

Thank You, My Friend

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story