#notfailing

I told my colleague that I felt like a failure. 

She asked why I felt like a failure today.

And I told her that I feel like that every day before 8 a.m. rolls around. Today was not much different. 

I had dropped off a daughter at school late. 

We weren't going to be late until I made a decision to turn around and get said daughter's forgotten tie from home. 

I was racing, like I do most mornings, and I felt like a failure. 

I had dropped off the other daughter- the one that radiates cuteness with her round cheeks, belly and doubly cute double chin at her daycare that I do not love to drop her off at. 

And that made me feel like a failure.

And my colleague, rather surprised, if not dismissive, pointedly said: "but you're not failing.... you're doing it... you're doing everything right... and there's no such thing as doing everything right, anyway".

And she is right. So today, I won't feel like a failure. 

Fall:











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story

Like a snowball.... on the ocean