Glorious

Occasionally, my husband lies.


It’s usually about the food I make.


I’m not sure why. 


It’s not bad. 


Usually healthy. 


Usually carefully crafted.


Oftentimes an elaborate recipe that calls for cumin and garlic salt and other seasonings in the back of the cupboard + some somethings diced and lots of pots and pans to clean. 


“I ate already” he’ll say.


And I’ll guilt him into at least trying what I’ve made. 


And then he lies.


For like,


The next 10 minutes.


Going on and on about how good it is... how I’ve outdone myself, how it’s the best thing he’s has in a long time, how’s he ‘going to take some to work tomorrow’. 


And of course I’m not around to substantiate that he’s actually eaten what I’ve carefully crafted.






There are a lot of things my husband will let me do for him. 


Laundry, arranging medical appointments, buying him clothing...


But food.


He doesn’t eat the food I make. 


(Without lying).


Pants on fire.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story

Thank You, My Friend