The San Diego Apartment: Part 2

I stared at the man in the pinstripe leotard and had a flashback.  And as I pulled all the tendons in my neck in an effort to squeeze my abdominals for that painful crunch sesh, I smiled through the throb.

I smiled because as I crunched I remembered crunching with my room-mates, following along to this very same old-school 8-Minute Abs video a decade ago.

(So first off, I love the 8-Minute workout videos so laugh away if you should feel so inclined....)

The girls and I would often run across the street from our college apartment to the ARC, which is the awesomest college gym at SDSU.  We would get our fitness on in the brightly lit gymnasium with waaaaay too many attractive students to ever feel very good about yourself.  The blonde-to-brunette ratio was frightening for a girl from the I.E. but that too, is a side-track from where I want to go with this blog.

And so we would jog along and at some point jog back and when we came back to the humble abode we would finish off our work-out with an 8 minute abs or buns session.

There we would lie, three in a row, watching the man in the pin-striped leotard.  It's the guy that holds the tomatoe cans instead of barbells and has the audacity to keep telling you how much "fun" you are having while working out.

In careful sync with one another and the video, we would strive for a better version of ourselves while lying side-by-side on the carpet with all the stains (that I swear were there before we moved in...)

I know it might be time to upgrade my home work-out video collection.  But for now, I will hold on to the 8-minute memories of me, my girls and the man in the pin-striped leotard.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Dear Bobby"

Thank You, My Friend

The Good Dancer: A Dating Story